DanWalt Gardens welcomes photographers and guests who are interested in using the beauty of the Gardens to complement their professional and commercial photos for wedding, engagement, bridal, senior class, individual, or family portraits.
The fee and advanced booking are required for the following circumstances:
- Photography or videography involving props, clothing changes or more equipment than a tripod and standard flash;
- Photos or video that are to be used in print, radio, television or film, posted on the Internet, used in print art for sale, used to advertise goods and services or otherwise published;
- Wedding, family portraits, engagement, prom, graduation, model, professional and commercial photography or videography.
To ensure you have a wonderful experience while capturing your special memories with us, we require that all photography sessions be scheduled in advance and paid in full at the time of booking. To reserve a date, please call 406.248.4003.
Guidelines for Photography Sessions
- We ask that photographers and clients be courteous to Gardens guests and their enjoyment of the Gardens at all times.
- Bookings are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. It is suggested that the party and photographer visit the Gardens a week or two before the photo session to see what’s blooming and scout for locations.
- No indoor photos are allowed.
- Photography in evening hours is not allowed.
- No food is allowed.
- If the session may be rescheduled due to inclement weather, a rain date will be given. The rain date is good for one calendar year from the date on your session.
- Clothing, backdrops or other props are not to be hung from plants or trees.
- Vehicles may load and unload passengers and equipment at the entrance only.
- Photographers will be held liable for any damages to Gardens property by themselves or photo subjects.
- DanWalt Gardens reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or to change its photography policy without advance notice.
Photo sessions must be made and scheduled at least 7 business days in advance. Sessions must take place during the following hours: May–October, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
$75 per session up to three (3) hours. The fee includes entrance into the Gardens for the photographer and up to 4 participants. Additional guests will be subject to regular Gardens admission and must be identified when the reservation is made.
Non-DanWalt Gardens brides are charged $75 per session up to three (3) hours. The fee includes entrance into the Gardens for the photographer and up to 4 participants. Additional guests will be subject to regular Gardens admission and must be identified when the reservation is made.
The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The fee must be paid in full prior to the session. If the session is cancelled within 48 hours of the event, a $25 cancellation fee is applied, with 100% forfeited thereafter. There are no refunds for photography sessions for no-shows.
You may deliver your payment in person, pay by credit card through reservations, or mail a check to:
720 Washington Street
Billings, MT 59101